Empowering communities driving a healthy sustainable food system.
The goal of establishing the Hawai‘i Food Policy Council is to bring together diverse stakeholders across the food system – from farmers to consumers – to create a sustainable, systematic, effective and inclusive food system for Hawai‘i. A key strategy is to work with other individuals, organizations and agencies who are also part of the food system.
Our General Assembly members:
- Are as diverse as possible!
- Interested in a healthy food system for Hawai‘i
- May be an organization or an individual
- May volunteer for committees
- Attend HFPC events
- Renew membership annually
Our Think Tank Team is:
- The research body of the HFPC
- Sheds light on topics of interest from the General Assembly and Advisory Board
- Operates during the fall academic semester
- Publishes a white paper each December (for additional information about our Think Tank Team and its annual white paper, this FAQ may be helpful.)
Our Watchdog Team is:
- The policy tracking body of the HFPC
- Sheds light on policies that may impact a healthy food system, good and bad
- Focuses on the spring semester during the state legislative session
- Publishes policy reports regularly to the General Assembly and Advisory Board
If you are interested, please fill out this form and we will contact you for an interview.
We invite you to sign up for the HFPC Google Groups Listserv. The Listserv is for sharing general food system information and dialogue about topics of interest to the group. Please review the listserv guidelines.
Add your email address at the bottom of this website and we will send you quarterly newsletters and occasional updates on issues that are timely and important.